Most Powerful Female Dealmakers in Consumer Space Selected as Inaugural "DealmakeHers"
The dealmaking power players include Liberty Fellow, Jodie McLean.
January 21, 2020
New York, NY - January 6, 2020 - Today, a group of the most impactful female dealmakers in the retail and consumer space was announced as part of the launch of DealmakeHers, an exclusive new network of leading female dealmakers who are shaping the way consumers shop today. These executives were selected to be inaugural members of this new community by some of the industry's most prestigious thought leaders and business influencers in the consumer space.
As part of the launch celebration, the National Retail Federation (NRF) will honor the members of the DealmakeHers community during the annual NRF: Retail's Big Show conference.
Within the consumer industry, women remain significantly underrepresented, and the exclusive DealmakeHers network brings together senior-level female leaders from Wall Street, business operations and the venture capital world to cultivate relationships and effect positive change in the consumer space. The members of the DealmakeHers community believe it's important that both funders and founders reflect the markets they serve, and plan to share their decades of expertise to inspire and promote new deals through private events, educational programs, VIP forums and other unique experiences. The dealmaking power players include:
- Iris Apfel, business and fashion icon, interior designer and philanthropist
- Ruzwana Bashir, Founder and CEO, Peek
- Nancy Berger, SVP, Publishing Director and Chief Revenue Officer, Cosmopolitan
- Ankiti Bose, Co-Founder and CEO, Zilingo
- Sonya Brown, General Partner, Norwest Venture Partners
- Angela Chan, Managing Director and President, Worldwide, Chargeurs*PCC Fashion Technologies
- Mariah Chase, CEO, Eloquii
- Linnea Conrad Roberts, Founder and CEO, GingerBread Capital
- Michelle Cordeiro Grant, Founder and CEO, Lively
- Neda Daneshzadeh and Alicia Sontag, Partners, Prelude Growth Partners
- Jesse Draper, Founder, Halogen Ventures
- Anu Duggal, Founding Partner, Female Founders Fund
- Amy Errett, CEO and Founder, Madison Reed
- Gabrielle Fialkoff, Founder, GKF Group; former owner and COO, Haskell Jewels; former Senior Advisor to Mayor of NYC
- Christina Fontana, Head of Fashion and Luxury, Tmall Luxury Division, Alibaba Group
- Talia Frenkel, Founder and CEO, L.
- Elizabeth Galbut and Pocket Sun, Founding Partners, SoGal Ventures
- Kirsten Green, Founding Partner, Forerunner Ventures
- Mindy Grossman, CEO, WW International (formerly Weight Watchers)
- Pam Hendrickson, COO and Vice Chairman, Strategic Initiatives, and Meranee Phing, Partner, The Riverside Company
- Christine Hunsicker, Founder and CEO, CaaStle
- Jennifer Hyman, CEO and Co-Founder, Rent the Runway
- Karen Katz, former CEO, Neiman Marcus
- Kay Koplovitz, Chairman and Co-Founder, and Lori Wachs, Co-Founder and Partner, Springboard Growth Capital
- Sarah Kunst, Managing Director, Cleo Capital
- Aileen Lee, Founder and Partner, Cowboy Ventures
- Susan Lyne, Founder, BBG Ventures
- Shan-Lyn Ma, Founder and CEO, Zola
- Natalie Massenet, Founder and Executive Chairman, The Net-A-Porter Group
- Tiffany Masterson, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Drunk Elephant
- Marigay McKee, Co-Founder and General Partner, Fernbrook Capital Management
- Jodie W. McLean, CEO, EDENS
- Rebecca Minkoff, Designer and Owner, Rebecca Minkoff
- Virginie Morgon, CEO, Eurazeo, and Jill Granoff, CEO, Eurazeo Brands
- Hadley Mullin, Senior Managing Director, TSG Consumer Partners
- Lisa Myers, Founder, Clerisy
- Kara Nortman, Partner, Upfront Ventures, and Founding Member, All Raise
- Deirdre Quinn, Co-Founder and CEO, Lafayette 148
- Nicole Quinn, Partner, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Kendra Scott, Chairman, CEO and Designer, Kendra Scott
- Rachel Shechtman, Founder and CEO, Story, and Brand Experience Officer, Macy's
- Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, President, StubHub
- Tracy Sun, Co-Founder and SVP, New Markets, Poshmark
- Diya Talwar, Principal, Vestar Capital Partners
- Polina Veksler, Co-Founder and CEO, and Alexandra Waldman, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Universal Standard
- Andrea Weiss, Founding Partner, The O Alliance, and CEO, Retail Consulting
- Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, Co-Founder, Gilt Groupe and GlamSquad
- Janie Yu, Partner, Fung Capital
- Heidi Zak, Founder and CEO, ThirdLove
DealmakeHers was founded by three executives who have worked together on deals in the consumer space for many years: Stacy Berns, President of Berns Communications Group; Stacey Widlitz, President and Chief International Store Hunter, SW Retail Advisors; and Mary Ann Domuracki, Managing Director, MMG Advisors.
DealmakeHers is a community that connects, empowers and celebrates the most impactful female dealmakers in the consumer space. Through unique, experiential and content-driven events, invited members will come together to share decades of industry, Wall Street and Silicon Valley experience. The community supports like-minded women looking to make deals and bring about change in their consumer-focused businesses.
Class of 2009, Fellow, Mentor